Pages

Saturday 10 June 2017

She Has A Name- A Film That Has To Be Seen



A Water Tanker, left abandoned. Inside the bodies of 50 dead girls. A conspiracy of silence that has to be broken because it hides the global network of the most horrific evil known to mankind. The sex trafficking industry...



'She Has A Name' will be shown in selected cinemas from next week and you can book tickets or request your own screening by going to https://www.ourscreen.com/film/She-Has-A-Name . But why should you care? You live in the UK and surely that sort of thing only happens abroad in other countries


Before I watched 'She Has A Name' I thought the same as you but these statistics tell a whole different story. They are just the official reported cases and we know many more girls (and boys) are still missing. This isn't just a global problem it is a localised one and human trafficking is going on, right now, in your town. As a father of two young boys I feel I have a responsibility to prepare them as best I can for their lives in this world. I know it is a dangerous place and that heartbreak and pain is as much a part of life as the pleasure of finding true love or the excitement of chasing after your ambitions. I try to teach them to respect others and to see the good in people and to help and support those who are hurting. But there are some things that I cannot shield them from and that scares me, it terrifies me to be honest with you. My eldest son has got to the age where I allow him to go out and play with his friends, football in the park and perhaps a sweet run to the local shop. What if one day he is late coming back home, what if the minutes turn to hours? Then to days? What if he goes missing and I never ever see him again. Just typing these words and I have a chill that strikes at my very soul. Surely every parents nightmare but what do we do? We cant wrap them in cotton wool and independence and learnt responsibility are essential life skills.



You see that's why 'She Has A Name' is such an important film to support and watch, not least because some of the profits from the film are going to support anti human trafficking movements. It is an engaging and well made film (you can read my review here) but it manages to show the reality of human trafficking without being preachy. As a Father I needed to know that Human Trafficking is on the increase in the UK but as a loving human being I have to care about this. WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM in this day and age. When our government, and every other government, has pledged to wipe this atrocity from the face of the earth, why are we seeing the figures going up? This is a crime that is committed by organised gangs that work under the cover of darkness and steal life from innocent children. I do mean children as some of the girls and boys who have been rescued have been as young as 12 years old. 12 years old! that's the same age as my son, your daughter? your son?

The purpose of me writing this is not to scare you but to empower you. We need to open our eyes to the fact that this is happening and until we face up to that reality the figures will continue to rise. We must do all we can to support and promote the agencies and groups that seek to rescue those who are sold into slavery. But as parents we must be aware that our children are not always as safe as we would like them to be. Answers? I don't have any I am afraid but it starts with awareness and it starts by remembering that these girls, these people are real and they aren't just a statistic. They have families and siblings and a life which was ripped away from them. She Has A Name. Please book tickets for a screening near you.

https://youtu.be/PcBBHGTKkdQ She Has A Name Trailer www.shehasanamefilm.com


No comments:

Post a Comment